
One ordinary day I went to get him from his nap. He was standing in the crib reaching towards that shelf with the hats. I thought he wanted the stuffed animals and got them all down for him. He was still reaching for the shelf. So I got down all the hats. This picture was taken that day. We sat for 20 minutes putting the hat on and taking it off.
Since then the hats have become more important than anything else in his life. Hats aren't necessarily a "fun" thing for Zack. He is very serious about them. He will see one anywhere, the grocery store on someones head, and reach for it and say "hat". At first it was "ahata", then it changed to "at" a few days later came "hat" but in a whisper (trying to say the 'h' sound). By now he can say hat and you know what he's talking about.

When I say Zack is serious about hats this is what I mean.... He'll sit and play and find a hat. He'll put it on, crawl, play, stop.... adjust his hat. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! If you happen to be in the room, he will find a hat for you and bring it to you and say "ah?", crawl on you and try to put it on your head. He will sit down and smile, then crawl up on you again, take it off, sit down, and hand it to you again saying "ah?" meaning, "will you put this hat on please?".
3 in this picture
This particular day he was riding his car back and forth from the stove to the table. Each time he would hit the stove he would very seriously adjust the hat, same with when he got to the table.

He really likes this hat



He loves to play with Daddy's hats and knows which ones belong to him.


Here he is playing the hat game with Daddy

Sporting the hat he bought for me. We were at a boutique one day and he saw a rack of hats. Kevin was holding him and he began whispering "hat hat" when he saw them. They begged me to buy a hat! Now I have something to wear when I don't want to do my hair.


Handing the hat to me

Sweet! A hat for my birthday!
About 5 months old, I swear we did nothing to promote this behavior!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! you posted the picture i took on Saturday! i feel so honored! lol the second picture i took and i am very happy you used it! hehe...he is soo cute! i love him
how freakin' hilarious!! I love that picture of him standing next to his green wall... i love that green wall....
what a crack up!
Oh my heck, he's hilarious! Don't you just love how their little personalities come out as they get older? It's so awesome.
That is so cute!!! He has a thing for hats!
Post a Comment