Friday, April 10, 2009

My Hat

Today I went in to get Zack after his nap and he was pointing to his shelf that has stuffed animals and his hats on it. We don't usually make him wear the hats and he doesn't get to play with the stuffed animals. He was so interested that I decided I would get them down for a minute. We made the animal sounds and then got the hats down and I put each one on his head. Which he liked but would always pull it off. I put the hats back and put Zack on the floor to change his diaper. He immediately started crying. Gee Wiz, I'm just changing your diaper! He was whining and pointing up to the shelf. When I finished we stood up and he was happy to be closer to the hats. I started to walk out of the room because it was time for a snack and he started crying again! So I went back to the shelf, "Ahh" (smile) pointing to the blue bucket hat. I got it down and you would have thought it was Christmas! I would put it on and he would take it off. Then he would try to put it on or just wave it around. He gets excited about the silliest things! Like socks and this just in WIPES! This morning I didn't realize I left them out. I heard a really happy boy in the other room, and I found him sitting in a pile of wipes mixed with the shirts from his drawer. His pants are missing today because they got so wet from playing in the wipes.
Isn't it wonderful that the simplest things in life can make us so HAPPY?!

P.S. Zack is really on the move now so my blogging days are numbered.

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

That is such a funny story! He looks so freakin' cute with the hat on!