It's about time this family took a vacation!
At the beginning of October we packed up the {entire} basement and headed out!
Kevin's parents were lucky enough to come with us.
Destination: Cayucos, CA
Where the heck is that? I still don't know.
Having 2 small children we thought it would be wise to break up the 13 hour drive into 2 days.
I'm not sure that was the best decision, for 2 reasons. Reason 1: we stayed in Las Vegas the first night,
and the wise person that I am, we strolled the Vegas strip at 10 o'clock at night. HELLO!
Why didn't anyone tell me not to take my children near that city?! Kidding... I haven't been there
since I was about 6. I wasn't really prepared for what I saw and heard and smelled. Not to mention
we stayed at a Casino (which was very nice) I just didn't like dragging my kids through it.
I guess not everything on the strip was awful.
Kevin and Zack had their picture taken with a REALLY fake
Buzz Lightyear and Woody
Kevin and Zack had their picture taken with a REALLY fake
Buzz Lightyear and Woody
(Ruby just deleted picture and i'm not on my computer)
We walked through hell for this....
On the way out of the Bellagio I was seriously considering renting a limo to take
us back to our car. We were exhausted, it was hot, and yeah, the scenery
wasn't particularly toddler appropriate. After driving all day and sleeping 45 min in the car, then
touring Sin City all night, Ruby woke up at 6 AM the next morning, ready to go! BLAH!
We did swim at the hotel which the kids loved and had dinner at Claim Jumper {Kevin's fav}
but according to him it wasn't as good as the one in Denver. (I'm pretty sure this whole
Cayucos trip was just to get us to Vegas for Claim Jumper)
Day 2
Started at 6 AM, thank you Ruby.
And as you can see got a little crazy in the car.
All Ruby wanted to do in the car was watch Elmo, and when she was tired of that
she just whined. I brought a huge box of things for the kids to do, each lasted about 6 seconds.
Day 2 ended in Cayucos but first a trip to the grocery store x2 where they don't give grocery bags!
Day 3
GLORIOUS DAY 3!
Our beautiful home for the week
First thing we did Sunday morning
The beach was about 2 blocks from the house
4th Day
Went to Morro Bay, about 5 minutes from Cayucos.
{You can tell from the grandiose amount of pictures that I have a really
cool brother that is selling me his slightly less cool camera, or is the camera slightly cooler?}
Ruby would run right into the ocean if we didn't hold on to her
I loved watching the sea lions
Hump Day
Day 5
Downtown Cayucos / Cayucos Pier
Two of her favorite things
Million Dollar Shot
Zack was dying to go fishing on the ocean, sadly though, we are
not fishermen... haven't the slightest clue. So this guy was nice
enough to show Z a fish. I guess we will have to befriend someone
that knows how to fish.
This was a setup- he was NOT happy
Beach somewhere between Morro Bay and Cayucos
{we saw dolphins here one day}
Kite Flying:
Have you ever flown a kite successfully? without a lot of grief first?
Apparently at the beach all you have to do is throw that sucker up in the
air and it will fly! Forever. Zack was in heaven
Soon after this...
Mayhem...
Zack got cut or scratched or bit on the leg and was screaming.
I tried to wash it out... ahem, with salt water, resulting in more screaming.
Suddenly, Ruby decides to rub her eyes, with sand covered hands.
Meanwhile, Daddy is 10ft into the ocean flying a kite.
Recovering nicely wrapped in blankets and a cold Hi-C
Stay tuned for the rest of our trip to PARADISE!
























































1 comment:
and why was i not shoved in the back of your car on this trip? I WANT TO GO! looks like paradise, rach! and you guys TOTALLY deserved a vacation like that!
Post a Comment